Monthly Favourites: March & April.

21:16


And just like that, March and half of April have past before my eyes taking Easter and mothers day along with them and I honestly don't know what I have done with my time. There are so many things I've been enjoying using but I've kept the list extremely short and only choosing the things I've truly loved these past couple of months and that I've looked forward to using every time.

SKINCARE

In a previous post, I mentioned how important it is to keep your lips moisturized and healthy, especially if you use a matte product on them as they dry out the lips a lot, especially in the colder weather. Recently, whether I wear a matte lippy or not I find myself constantly applying my Anatomicals Never Loose Your Cherry Lip Gloss which I purchased early last year. It seems as if I have re-found my love with it and it couldn't make me happier.


If you have been following my blog for a long time, you will know my struggle with my skin never really has an end to it, every time it picks up it just falls all the way back down again and it feels like a loosing battle. Again this is a product I've loved and missed seen as it was my lifesaver last year and has yet again, returned for a second round.
The E45 facewash is quite pricey (it cost me around 25), hints to why I use it as if it was fairy dust but I totally think it is worth it in the long run. As I said, my skin does fall back time after time but that seems to be most frequent when I lack in this step of my face wash routine at night.

MAKEUP



Bronzers have never been my forte, especially since my mum is my biggest critic (or the most honest person) and every time I apply a bronzer she tells me not to wear as much and comes up with a funny "sarcastic" remark. Well, may I say that all my wishes were granted when I came across this "retro" inspired bronzer by the brand IDC, which I have actually loved products from many times before.
This bronzer just works with my skin amazingly, it gives the perfect subtle bronze that I want, I can build it up as I desire and it wears really well throughout the day.


Recently I re-purchased the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation that I loved and that I wore religiously throughout the beginning of last year and I was so happy to have finally come across it at the Rimmel stand in Primor. BUT . (I know, as soon as there is a but there is something wrong). And you are right, it was wrong. As soon as I applied the foundation I knew there was something fishy, it just didn't look right and after playing around with different concealers, powders, etc I just gave it up as a bad job. I believe Rimmel may have changed the formula of the Match Perfection as I just look like a escapee Umpa Lumpa whenever I apply it seen as the oils just mix with the PH in my skin and yes... It just doesn't do the job.
ANYWAY, after going on an unsuccessful hunt for a water based foundation where I just got weird looks from all the shop assistants, I just decided to risk it and buy my trusty old Rimmel 25 Hour and for some miracle reason, IT FRICKIN WORKS!!! I don't know how, why or whatever, but it just does.
The Rimmel 25 hour foundation is a buildable full coverage foundation that works a dream, wears amazingly and is easily up there in my all time favorites. Definitely one of the best drugstore foundations, and that is a fact, even Zoella said so herself.


PERFUME


The perfume I have been wearing and loving on a daily this month has been the David Bustamante Muy Mia perfume that I got last Christmas as a present and never really used. I love the fresh scent it has and the fact that the smell lingers throughout the day and you can always smell it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *