Never underestimate the power of mom jeans

09:47


For as long as I can remember I have always had a very fussy and basic sense of style and there were always constant arguments when it came to mum dressing me in the morning as I hated anything slightly passed the fine line of my confort zone.
A couple of years ago I remember pestering my mum to buy me a pair of mom jeans as I loved how they looked on Cher Lloyd and I desperately needed some of my own until I got them them and I hated them seen as I didn't quite know how to style them and they just hung off me and looked completely unflattering.
To this day, I still have said pair of mom jeans in my wardrobe and I actually am quite fond of them, they are slightly more oversized than my current favourite pair but I love them never the less and I keep promising myself I am going to find a way of wearing them to my advantage.
I can't quite think how or why but suddenly at the beginning of 2019 I decided that mom jeans were the bee's knees and I have gained a slight obsession and quite the collection of them. I currently own five different pairs which I have already worn to death and a pair of mom-style dungarees which only cost me 5,99€ in Stradivarious, I know, I couldn't quite believe it myself!!
I don't want to make myself sound too smug, but I feel as though I have hit mom jeans (how many times have i said mom jeans) right on the nail, I have conquered dressing them up for work or making them just super casual and they are the comfiest style of jeans to wear so its quite easily a triple bonus wherever you may look at it.
When I first tried them I thought they made me look like a shapeless weirdo but now, adding a belt, a tucked in tee or sweater and a long cardigan or even a short bomber jacket I think they really suit my figure (check me out with all the self-love all of a sudden) but I also love how they look on almost all body size and type, I am in serious awe of these jeans!
Do you like mom jeans and what style of jeans is your favourite at the moment?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *